Tuesday 9 October 2012

Stoning

I think the stone work is nearly complete which is great as it looks brilliant but it's also taken ages so I would like to see some vertical improvements please.

Today I went up having dropped off Polly at the Primary School in the pouring rain.  Everyone was sheltering (Garry, Dave, Gareth and JJ) under a very temporary roof.  I think they may or may not have sacked the day as they wanted to put on the plates to hold in the timber roof joists.  We were going to have the more modern zig zag sort of I beams but now we think a solution to run the MVHR ducting down past the various wardrobes gives us a saving going back to the more conventional material.  I don't care as long as we don't hear every foot step from up stairs and it doesn't take the electrician and plumbers far longer to run the services through. I've been assured that this is unlikely to happen.  What hot this week: -

Stone window sills from Bruton

Flora adding even more credibility points helping with facing the walls

  1. Another oak beam (new one this time) was delivered and installed on Monday separating the dining room through to the play room.  It looks surprising good already which is very exciting.
  2. Windows have taken a huge amount of Flora's time checking and double checking.  I think we may be there now we decided that the larder door is to be a outside door as the larder will be having two outside vents to keep it cool.  An unforeseen expense of £900 has arisen due to having to have toughened glass for some of the windows as they're below 800 mm from the floor.
  3. We choose and paid for a Rangemaster cooker + got a 1/2 price cooker hood at the same time from Spillers of Chard.  Very happy with all of this, well done Mrs RP for the research.
  4. Going to fix up a meeting with Nigel Davis (QS) and Garry to match actual expenditure to predicted.
  5. Mortgage application has been accepted so now I've got to submit some final paperwork but it's looking positive.
  6. Been talking to Celtic Renewables with reference to the plan and then backing up my knowledge with a very useful conversation with a friend in the know.  It's never simple and I need to get a decision once and for all.  I think they're good but I'm still slightly wary that they coming from Cornwall and I should be able to find a more local company.  This is tomorrows quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment