Monday 22 October 2012

Oak posts delivered

Today was exciting.  I had to walk up and see for myself that the huge oak posts being put into place by Tom and his team.  Knowing that this oak has grown in Flora's family farm for the last 150+ years just makes it more special.  Obviously I felt like a complete spare part but it gave me the opportunity to look at real craftsmanship in place.


The oak frame being assembled - an undercroft to sit under & above will be the study


The oak dowels being cut away
By contrast we (that includes Garry and Dave) were appalled to see a vent pipe sticking out of the beautiful wall in a really obvious height put there by Celtic Renewables last Friday when they did the initial installation of the wood burner.  Without any consultation to anyone, it just looks like they did the easiest thing for them which is a shame as I'm going to ask them to do it again in a less obvious place!  It also worries me about thermal bridging (conduction of the heat through the pipe to the outside) so I'll ask Phil Neave (of Thermal Phil as Harry the House calls him) our environmental consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment