Friday 13 January 2012

Potential to back down

Harry may be write in saying that Zeigal blocks are too expensive if there's anything to go by this forum discussion in the Green Building Forum

http://www.greenbuildingforum.co.uk/newforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1085

I have absolutely no problems saying (if it's true) that someone else was right but I will always have to be sure with decent proof to come to that conclusion! Harry is meeting Phil the Eco consultant on Tuesday in order for them to discuss and agree materials to use and cold bridging elimination/reduction. Part of me would like to be there to ensure they do indeed discuss the materials but I'll ask Harry what Phil's perspective was concerning this matter. If we can use more natural materials I do feel that would be a step in the right direction. I'm taking the morning off to meet a guy Roger Honey from Natural Building technologies (mentioned in the above thread). I think it's beat to dismiss this materials until I've spoke to him who seemed to be a decent person talking to him on the phone.

The only thing is that we're sitting down trying to look at the final design in real detail coming up with questions and calculations such as I worked out our wood shed is likely to only store 9 tonnes of wood or 1 years supply, shit what can we do? Answer either a lean to or shed which doesn't break any planning laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment