Thursday 11 August 2011

Quality surveyor and materials

What to do?  I've taken so long researching loads of different ways in which to build our house and it transpires that Harry isn't happy with anything apart from the traditional block and brick  Something that I thought I would never have to go down as surely there are easier, more cost efficient ways?  Does it matter? Well the trouble is I've got one chance of making this house really the way I want it and I'm dangerously close to having a house that goes beyond housing regs but doesn't reach it's true potential.  I just want someone to suggest ideas of what we could do rather than well this is how we've done it and it works so that ok.  Ahhhhh I want to get better and it's more interesting that all of that!  Maybe I should just capitulate but I want this to be all together working and making something interesting.  I set up this blog for me to express my concerns about this huge project and I hope it's going to work!

I woke up at 4:00 am last night just trying to get my head around the discussion Harry, Keith (QS) and I had had in the afternoon.  I hope that the three of plus Phil Neave will be able to sort out the best solution. Having a QS will help and keep us ultimately in our budget.

On a plus note we spent a pleasant Tuesday afternoon cutting the hedge, clearing the wall and pegging out the rough floor plan which was really interesting.  It looked pretty small which is scary as we may need to reduce the design as it's currently 240 sq m and we were always looking to have a 200 sq m house at £1,400 per sq m.  So we either reduce the price or reduce the floor plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment