Thursday 26 May 2011

My visit to Eco-Angus HQ

Last Saturday I had a really interesting afternoon at the Eco-Angus HQ ..... ok a house near Bristol airport!  I've looked into the trying to heat the house by wood and I think this is the best quality wood gasifier.  It's 94% efficient compared to a typical wood burner of around 82%.  After a 4 hour burn it can heat a water tank of around 2000 litres which in turn can then supply hot water for washing and heating the house.  The tank that they recommend is Aktverm which in geaky talk means over 2 days the heat loss will be a staggeringly low 2 oC.  I reckon I'll have to spilt around 10 tonnes of wood per year.  Guy the owner of the company that imports these burners from Eastern Europe is a wealth of information.  At times I had make him slow down with the sheer amount of information he was able to impart!  Even better from next year we're be getting paid via the Renewable Heat Incentive. www.eco-angus.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment