Friday 17 May 2013

Moving in day

I've got to take some more photos!  JP the decorator has been working for the past week or so and the rooms are beginning to feel more like a home and less of a building site.  I've been leaving Flora to trying to give me a few choices in the interior colours she's so much better than I'll ever be!

There's always something to try and sort out and now it's the sewage.  Wessex Water are quite amazing.  I thought stupidly that when I filled in the connections services application form and even paid more money for sewage that, dare I say it, they would be able to co-ordinate both the connection of the mains water and the sewage.  Why could I have hoped for a joined up simple approach rather than having to talk to two different moderately incompetent departments?  Having learnt that the sewage department (?) didn't actually dig the trench leading from our boundary (the mains water teams do all this when they connect) we have to employ a private contractor licensed to cut up the road.

We thought we had as contact but after a week of him delaying three times because apparently he was so busy we've now gone back to other companies.  I suspect it will get worse as I imagine that they will all be terribly busy and The Highways department will be on holiday for the next two months requiring them to grant permission or something ludicrous like that whilst we'll move in but have to use the portaloo!

Apart from that it's looking pretty good.  The rain keeps falling and I haven't checked the cellar to see if the water has once again gone around the two sides that were tanked.

Good news is that the flooring has started to be laid on Wednesday!

The kitchen living room

We've also decided that a open afternoon on Friday 24th May from 2 - 6 pm.  We think it's a good idea letting anyone interested in having a peek before we move in the last week of May.  Well when I say move in it's beginning to feel more like camping but we've given our notice for Pottery Cottage and booked the removals company.

The wood shed

Our Green Man carved by Harry 'The House' our architect


The hallway is getting there!

Shocking pink for the girls room ... well they're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment